Friday, August 6, 2010

Misfit Everywhere

My last post seems so negative. But just because I am critical of some things here doesn't mean that I think any other place is better. I see all flaws magnified, and most of all, mine. California was a lovely place to live, but I found many faults there, you can be sure.

But now that we moved here, I'm going through stages of denial, anger, sorrow, all that stuff. When we flew here, I did not say goodbye to anything. I did not turn back and look at my home there. I did not drive by the ocean one last time. We just packed our suitcases the night before we left. On the day, we drove away, and at the airport, without a single tear or any sadness, I just got on the plane and came away.

Now, the reality sinks in slowly. I find I am a misfit here, just as I was there. Which is not such a bad thing, because I would rather not blend in. But sometimes, things get to me.

I apologize for being a grump.

No comments: